Reporting to the C.O.O. the Multimedia Developer will be part of a team developing media rich eLearning applications. You will create high quality and engaging elearning modules, and supporting tools, following an instructional design process. You will use solid visual design and written communication skills to bring together text, images, video, and audio to effectively serve clients’ needs. In this role, you are a part of a design team with focus on larger efforts that will include a dedicated project manager. You will be responsible for ensuring the end product has successfully passed quality control standards and fulfills the objectives identified by the client. The Multimedia Developer will also be responsible for updating, maintaining, designing, and developing tools, templates, and other related requirements. This position will interact with the team’s project manager and other specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development in authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline
- Maintain and enhance HTML web sites on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the ongoing development of blended e-learning applications.
- Assist others as needed to ensure a complete client experience.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Assist in quality control of projects.
- Archive projects post-completion.
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of Xpan Interactive Ltd.
- Ensure a high standard of client service and execution.
- Ensure processes are developed, documented and implemented.
- Develop, maintain and nourish customer relationships when required.
- Develop and maintain open communications with customers, stakeholders and others.
- Be informed of and follow Xpan’s policies and procedures.
Skills and Expertise
- Knowledge of Articulate Storyline
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Captivate
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of design and development methodologies for web-enabled applications
- Experience implementing web based solutions
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
- Novice experience in video post production
- Novice experience of audio post production
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Degree in Multimedia Development
- At least two year’s experience in the communications or multimedia field
- Proven experience working in a team environment
If you would like to join a top-notch team of smart, creative, enthusiastic professionals producing engaging interactive media for great clients, send your resume to careers at xpan.ca.
All Xpan team members are expected to work in alignment with Xpan’s Core Values and Philosophy:
Collaboration: Work together as a team, internally & externally
Communication: Communicate clearly, consistently, and directly, internally & externally
Consistency: Live our vision, objectives, measurements, and repeatable best practices
Confidentiality: Maintain integrity and honesty in our dealings with one another and our customers