Xpan’s Instructional Designer will be part of an elearning team developing quality content for web-enabled elearning applications. The right candidate will be responsible for developing curriculum that adheres to the core principles of adult learning, ensuring the end product adheres to the style guide and is presented with one voice. The selected individual will be responsible for updating, maintaining, designing, and developing educational tools, templates, and demonstrations. This position may interact with other multi media specialists, and may be required to help with additional development of graphical and elearning education materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, repurpose, edit and proof script, curriculum and content development.
- Participate in the development of e-Learning templates, storyboards, and wire-frame designs.
- Assist in the development of blended elearning applications.
- Assist others as needed by the design and development of education based projects.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Assist in quality control of elearning projects.
- Implement the strategic elearning goals and objectives of Xpan Interactive Ltd.
- Ensure a high standard of client service.
- Ensure processes are developed and implemented.
- Develop, maintain and nourish customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain open communications with customers, stakeholders and others.
- Be informed of and follow Xpan’s policies and procedures.
Skills and Expertise
- Excellent writing skills
- Understanding of adult learnig principles
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience with the Internet
- Understanding of the development of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of design and development methodologies for eLearning courses, simulations, and demos
- Experience implementing web based enterprise solutions (LMS, LCMS knowledge a plus)
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel)
Education & Experience
- Certificate or Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Technical Communication (For example, CTDP, B.Ed, BC)
- At least two year’s experience in the communications or multimedia field
- Proven experience working in a team environment
If you would like to join a top-notch team of smart, creative, enthusiastic professionals producing engaging interactive media for great clients, send your resume to careers at xpan.ca.
All Xpan team members are expected to work in alignment with Xpan’s Core Values and Philosophy:
Collaboration: Work together as a team, internally & externally
Communication: Communicate clearly, consistently, and directly, internally & externally
Consistency: Live our vision, objectives, measurements, and repeatable best practices
Confidentiality: Maintain integrity and honesty in our dealings with one another and our customers